We haven't been able to make a big dent this week, what with working last week, needing sleep after not having any the prior weekend and days after, needing to run real life errands (and more to do today) and poor health because of the stress.
I hope we will pass enough tomorrow (Monday) - showing we ARE still making an effort to move stuff around and such. Got one bathroom floor in some semblance of order - no more boxes. Got the rest of the kitchen counter organized, with the myriad of drugs mostly contained instead of scattered about.
We went out yesterday and got some media towers - now some of the DVDs, manga, VHS tapes and CDs are a little more organized. It's nice having all the Gravi media in one place - it looks a bit impressive, especially with the Japanese collection above the English collection. I go by and touch them periodically - I am proud of what I have gathered. I need to find the various fansubs and put them with the group, too.
Also got one of the cabinets built to shove art stuff inside and have been doing some shoving.
Didn't make the dents where I wanted to, but my damned intestine is causing all sorts of havoc today and was bothering me yesterday to a degree. We are both really tired because of this and it will continue happening for a long time. We also know the dents will look smaller as we go along and we will be moving stuff into area previously cleared, mostly because we will be rearranging over actual dumping.
My body really does hurt right now...
We got otaku to recognize the DVD player/burner again, but now it takes a long time to initially boot up. If it's not one thing, it's another...
Why did I purchase so many fucking doujinshi? One of the long-term projects will be to cull and hopefully sell a lot of doujinshi, especially the DBZ and Yu Yu Hakusho stuff. I will still hold onto certain circles, but the other books really must go. I will probably do bundles on ebay, just hoping they will sell, and quickly.
I may even sell my very expensive hard-bound official DBZ books - the ones I paid at least $30 each for back in the day. I will have to see if anyone is selling them on ebay or not.
I also have some official DBZ collectables I think I need to let go of, but not through Goodwill.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*